Top 10 Challenges Facing the Successful Entrepreneur or What Keeps You Awake at Night?
1. Awareness – What do you know?
- Do you know where you’re going and how you’re going to get there?
- Do you know what you’re good at – and what you’re not?
- Do you need to know how to do everything in your organization?
2. Needs, Resources, & Roles – What about the hats?
- Can you wear all the hats – fill all roles?
- Will you recognize when it’s necessary to stop wearing all the hats?
3. Time Management – Where did the day go?
- Have you become a “fireman,” putting out fires most of the day?
- Are you focused on details at the expense of a bigger-picture perspective?
- Do you hear yourself saying “Why can’t there be more hours in the day?”
4. Sole Responsibility – But being the leader has perks, doesn’t it?
- Such as – The buck always stops here?
- And – Are you ever “off” work or “on” vacation?
- Do you have a laser-like focus?
- Is your vision too far ahead of your organization’s position?
6. Managing Growth – Will it grow on its own?
- How will you scale the organization and get it to the next level?
- Do you set aside time for association development, no matter how busy you are with existing work?
- When is the right time to add an employee, manager or management team?
7. Employees – Do I have to be good at HR, too?
- Are you able to hire the right employees and managers?
- Do you know how to provide effective feedback?
- Does loyalty to friends who are employees cloud your vision?
8. Delegation – So you hired the right people, isn’t that enough?
- Can you delegate … or do you say “I can do it quicker and better myself, or I don’t have time to delegate!”?
- Can you tolerate mistakes or different approaches?
9. Feedback – Where’s mine?
- Is there anyone who will engage you in passionate debate about a business idea?
- Where do you get objective feedback?
- Is it enough to be good at what YOU do?
- Can you give credit where credit’s due?
Can you answer these questions?
Michael Shapiro – Dynamic Management Solutions