Hippo Eats Dwarf – Amazing Story
This story first appeared in 1999 and has since been widely spread across the Internet. If you want to read more about this fabulous farce check it out on snopes.com
For those of you a bit less gullable than I (I believed it at first), there are things you can do to your business Website that can help people believe you are the real deal, or more importantly, they should trust you enough to contact you?
Here are five things you can do to add instant credibility to your company Website.
1. Put a testimonial on the home page of your site. A testimonial with an actual First and Last name associated with it is even better.
2. Credibility icons. Do you have “current” certifications hanging on the wall in your office or lobby? Put those symbols on your home page.
3. Change the date at the bottom of your Website from 2002 to 2011 (We have a piece of code that we put on the Websites we develop that does it automatically). Believe or not people actually will evaluate your company site based on that date.
4. Update your event calendar. LOL, I’ve seen sites just this month with “coming soon” events in March 2005.
5. Coupons with current expiration dates. Coupons themselves are great credibility icons. Coupons say you’re established enough to offer a good deal!
So while you can’t believe everything you read on the Internet (poor Od), do what you can to make your Website credible to potential customers.